Our story

And the brand we've been building...

" Hello,

It’s difficult to write succinctly how it all began and has grown to this day… how it was possible for a couple of engineers (a mechanical engineer and a wood engineer) with two children to set off on such an adventure!… but here I share Our Story!

We were born in 2012, when my husband and I (engineers), dedicated to the industry, decided to change our lives. Residents of a small place, surrounded by forest and wasteland, 10 km from the sea….

We decided to take advantage of the best the land could offer and make a good product: Organic Blackberries. We ventured out in 2012 to plant the first bushes, without knowing anything about the process or the fruit. Over the course of a year, we discovered how to take advantage of the richness of the existing ecosystem, and produced the first blackberries in Vagos! Even though there was demand and sales, we weren’t satisfied with the quality of the variety and the berries. Looking for information and knowledge… in 2015, we bet on the Premium blackberry.

With this blackberry girl, we have obtained the tastiest, largest berries, with a shelf life of 15 days after picking and available from the end of April to the end of October. Always discovering and experimenting with new organic farming techniques, we have seen how well the magnificent shrub has adapted… and in 2017 we obtained the Organic and GLOBAL G.A.P. Certification.

Since then, every year we have transformed the surrounding wasteland into berry fields of blackberries, raspberries, blueberries, flowers and aromatic herbs…. Even other new flavors, yet to be revealed! 😊 But, because we care about what we do and because we want to do it better and… not losing our ingenuity, in a policy of 0% food waste, in 2018 the first tests began to transform fruit that doesn’t meet the characteristics for the fresh market (which we call waste) into a product with flavor and nutritional quality – OUR FRUIT.

As you know, our berries are grown in our fields, selected and picked by hand, only 70% are sold fresh and the remaining 30% are waste and cannot, according to commercial quality criteria, enter the fresh market. Since the end of 2019, all waste fruit has been frozen and in 2020 we started the freeze-drying process.

With this process, which consists of dehydrating the fruit by sublimation in a vacuum machine, we are able to take advantage of all the waste fruit, obtain a 100% natural fruit (free of colorings, preservatives and added sugars), 100% crunchy like popcorn, with all the organoleptic properties of the fruit and flavor!

Ideal as a snack or mixed with yogurt, cereal, cake, etc.

This is part of our history!
Every day we discover new ways of being on the farm, of doing things and of continuing to make the most of the best the earth has to offer! “

Patrícia Cordeiro

Organic producer

Shopping Cart